This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclaimer for more info.
If you’re hungry for a snack and your time is limited, you’re going to want something quick and easy you can whip up in a pinch.
Cue these amazing salami roll-ups! This quick keto snack is ready in minutes and is so tasty, you’ll forget you’re on a diet!
Now really, these aren’t limited to being just snacks! They make a great appetizer to bring to a party or work potluck, especially if you’re out of time and need to whip something up ASAP!
Whenever I’ve brought these to a social gathering they’ve always garnered loads of compliments.
People just can’t stop eating them and before you know it they’ve disappeared. Even non keto people love them, they are definitely a crowd pleaser!
I almost forgot to mention these also make a great lunch to bring the work. Either have them as a side dish, or make more to have as the bulk of your lunch.
Follow us on Pinterest for tons of AMAZING keto recipes & tips!!!
Why this quick keto snack (or appetizer) is so great..
- You only need three ingredients.
- They are super quick & easy to put together.
- You can whip up a party size batch in just a few short minutes. Awesome for the holidays or a super bowl party!
It’s so exciting to share this recipe with you guys because I’ve been eating these salami roll-ups for years, it was a childhood favorite of mine even before I knew what the ketogenic diet was.
(By the way I’ll show you a hack to make these kid friendly later.)
My wife and I really enjoy these hanging around at home when we want something quick and easy to munch on. I know you will enjoy them as much as we do!
Now one quick warning, it is actually quite easy to devour everything you made. But hey, another batch of these low carb snacks is always just a few minutes away!
Awesome make ahead low carb snack!!
Sometimes the best recipes are the most simple to make, and that’s why they make the perfect make ahead snack!.
As I said these salami stuffed roll-ups only have three ingredients. All you need is salami, cream cheese, pepperoncini peppers and a couple of minutes. That’s it.
All these ingredients keep very well in the fridge, so you can whip up a big batch to make ahead of time. In fact, when I’m doing my meal prep for the week, I like to make enough to have for snacks all week long!
How To Make This Easy Ketogenic Snack Recipe
These healthy snacks are not only delicious, but so simple to make. You really get the best of both worlds!
Now let’s talk about the prep! Get out your salami, cream cheese and a jar of sliced pepperoncini peppers.
- Lay your salami flat on a plate or cutting board. Then use a knife to spread 1/2 tsp. of cream cheese onto the salami.
- Then put 1/2 tsp. of pepper slices (about 2-3 pieces) and place on top of the cream cheese.
You’re pretty much good to go, but there’s just one last step.
- Roll up all of the salami and stick a toothpick through it to hold it all together. Just like that, they’re ready to eat!
You can make as many or as few as you want depending on the situation. If it’s just a quick snack maybe you only make two or three…….or ten. Who’s counting?
Customize To Your Liking
Lastly, these are very customizable. You may like a lot of cream cheese or maybe you just like a little. You might load them up with pepperoncini peppers or just put in the tiniest amount.
Proportion the ingredients to your personal taste and enjoy!
By the way after the recipe below there are a bunch of alternative ideas for these roll-ups.
There are so many variations to this recipe, you’ll never grow tired of them! Don’t forget to check them out!
- Thinly Sliced Salami
- 1/2 tsp Cream Cheese per roll-up
- 1/2 tsp Sliced Pepperoncini Peppers per roll-up
- Use a plate to lay out your salami.
- Spread cream cheese over the salami.
- Add your slices of pepperoncini peppers.
- Roll the salami.
- Stick a toothpick through the salami to hold it together.
Alternative Cold Keto Snack & Appetizer Ideas
In case you were wondering, there are several incredible variations of this recipe for you to enjoy.
By changing the ingredients slightly or even adding an ingredient or two, you can completely change up the flavor on these and make a whole new snack that’s essentially the same.
Here are some alternatives to the basic recipe:
- Instead of a Pepperoncini pepper, use a Jalapeno pepper for a little extra spice.
- If you don’t like any spice, try using a sweet bell pepper, I’d recommend a red, yellow, or orange bell pepper.
- Peppers aren’t your thing? No problem. Olives will make a delicious alternative. Use green or black, whichever you like best.
- Instead of cream cheese try another soft, spreadable cheese. Ricotta or mozzarella would work very nicely.
- There are several types of salami. Some of the most popular are Italian Dry Salami, Genoa Salami, Soppresseta and Cotto Salami. Figure out which one you like the best and use it.
- Try using other types of meat like pepperoni, coppa, prosciutto, or pancetta. You can really change things up by using ham.
Here are some additions to the basic recipe:
- Try adding the green leafy vegetable of your choice. You can put it inside the roll-up or it can go around the outside. That’s your choice. I can see spinach working well here.
- Double the meat. Maybe you want to use salami and pepperoni, sounds good to me!
- Mix the cream cheese with some chives ahead of time. Then spread that mixture onto the salami instead of just plain cream cheese.
- Sprinkle in some chopped up bacon before you roll them up. This will add some prep time as you’ll have to cook the bacon, but if you have the time it’s definitely worth it.
- Add a drizzle of your favorite keto friendly Italian or Greek salad dressing. The dressing can go inside the rollup or drizzled on top of them after they’ve been rolled.
Salami Roll-Ups – Best Snack For Kids
In the beginning of this post I mentioned there is a kid friendly hack for this recipe!
Some kids don’t like peppercinis (if they do, that’s awesome). Simply spread cream cheese on half of the piece of salami. Don’t add the peppercinis and ditch the sharp toothpick.
Fold the salami in half instead and presto you have an awesome kid approved snack! Believe me if you have kiddos in your life they will gobble these right up!
One last thing I want to mention is the nutritional information for salami. It’s nice to know that this snack isn’t just empty calories!
While salami is typically a no-no on other diets, the fact that it is high in fat and low in carbs makes it keto diet friendly.
Not only that, it’s also high in protein, which will keep you full longer.
This meat is rich in B vitamins and surprisingly contains beneficial bacteria (kind of like the type you find in probiotic yogurt).
Now salami is pretty processed, which is something to consider. Some people don’t eat it every single day because of this reason, but it’s really up to you.
If you want to learn more about salami nutrition, benefits and concerns, this post covers it all.
Hope you enjoyed this keto diet snack idea!
Comment below to let me know how they turned out! Enjoy!
PS If you want more awesome keto recipes, don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest here!!!